Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Book Review: Best Fantastic Erotica


Science Fiction, Fantasy, Erotica
Title: Best Fantastic Erotica
Editor: Cecilia Tan
ISBN: 1885865600 Publisher: Circlet Press
Book Review: This anthology collects twenty stories entered into Circlet's first erotica contest. The winning author, Arinn Dembo wrote "Monsoon." The landscape is erotic as the sex in this story. I only wish the author's bio hadn't left off the list of author bios in the back of the book because I'd never read a story by Dembo until this collection. Some of my favorite authors are in this collection, such as Jean Roberta, Connie Wilkins, and Thomas S. Roche. Connie Wilkins's story is a haunting gay erotica story. Even though I enjoyed the winning story, Connie Wilkins wrote my favorite story in the collection. With the high quality of these stories, I would highly recommend this collection and the new one with the stories chosen from the publisher's second erotica contest, Best Erotic Fantasy (and Science Fiction). Cecilia Tan always chooses high quality, literary erotica with elements of science fiction, fantasy, paranormal, or any mixture of speculative fiction. I highly recommend this anthology as well as any book from Circlet Press.
Review by Ellen Tevault

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home